If you told me many years ago that I could make a super healthy dessert that was packed with nutrients, I'll say OK that's possible but probably was not going to be very tasty.
I'm so glad I was totally wrong and it's such a thing as a delicious, decadent way to have dessert, and even better a chocolate dessert. This raw chocolate pudding proofs it and it goes beyond anything you can imagine. This pudding combines few ingredients and can be made in less than ten minutes.
You must be thinking what's so good about this pudding? well let's start with the amazing raw cacao, the food with the highest antioxidant content of all foods in the planet, cacao is rich in minerals, elevates the mood that means it makes you happy, chocolate contains phenylethylamine and theobromine, the compound, theobromine helps one to feel stimulated and excited and phenylethylamine improves mood by increasing serotonin levels. If you use one of our cacao drinks in this recipe, you'll be adding even more health benefits to your pudding all in one dish.
This recipe also uses avocados, one of my favorite foods and probably one of the healthiest. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats known to reverse insulin resistance and regulate blood sugar levels. Avocados are rich in vitamins A, B, K, E and C, they are loaded with fiber and also rich in protein.
This delicious pudding is raw, vegan, paleo, ketogenic and totally nut free so everybody in the family can enjoy it.
- 2 avocados peeled and pit removed
- 1/3 C. Enjoyful Foods Cacao Drink ( golden, superfood or spiced) you can use our original mix, if that's the case you don't need the stevia and maple syrup.
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (avoid for ketogenic)
- 10 drops of vanilla stevia
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 BPA free can full fat coconut milk (only the fat)
- In food processor process avocado till creamy
- Add Enjoyful Foods cacao drink of choice, maple syrup (if using it), stevia and salt, process till everything is well mixed and smooth
- Open the can of coconut milk and separate the fat from the water (it works better if the can is in the refrigerator overnight)
- Discard water, add the cream to a bowl, with your mixer or hand beaters on high speed, whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks
- Incorporate the chocolate mix into the coconut cream, mix it with mixer only to incorporate them evenly, be sure you don't over mix it
- Serve immediately
- Topped it with cacao nibs or berries
- it can be refrigerated for couple of days