I prefer to eat my chocolate raw but when you have tons of zucchinis, love cakes and chocolate is your obsession it's not other way that to run to the kitchen and start baking.
The original recipe for this cake is from PaleOMG blog, I did few modifications to accommodate my present dietary needs and double the recipe because it's always better to have more cake. I used our Spiced Cacao Drink mix, it worked perfect for this recipe an amazing combination of flavors.
3 C. shredded zucchini
1 C. almond butter (Use sunflower butter for nut free)
1/3 C. coconut oil
1/4 C. honey
1/4 Lankato sweetener
3/4 C. Spiced Cacao Drink mix
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the excess liquid from the shredded zucchini. I used a nut milk bag but you can use anything you have in your kitchen. Be sure to squeeze it well to remove the as much as liquid possible.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients mixing everything till well combined.
- Pour your ingredients into a round cake pan greased with coconut oil.
- Place in oven to bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke it.
- Let cool, cut and serve!